What do you think about this?

I don't know why but I would like to get my front door painted "Red" I guess because I see houses with red doors.

Does a red door symbolize anything?

I see afew like in the movies or just out driving around, I think it looks nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A red door symbolizes many things, but in 2009 in the US, it is just a pretty door. I want to paint mine red, too! You should do it!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Once upon a time it used to symbolize a brothel or a whore house, like the above poster said, now it's just pretty.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I believe that they say a red door is a door to prosperity. I heard that on a home show. It is supposed to help a home stand out.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I remember when I was a kid, my parents were looking for houses and there was one that had a red door. I didn't get it at the time, but he said "I've got four daughters, no way in hell" and him, my mom, and the realtor all started laughing. Later on someone told me that red doors used to symbolize a whore house and suddened it all made sense what my dad was talking about. LoL.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Red is my favorite color.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2009