Eliptical

How long can YOU go an an eliptical?
Yesterday we went to YMCA for the first time & the trainers were busy so we jumped on a machine until they could show us how to work everything-- O.M.G. I did only a few minutes & didnt think my legs were going to hold me up when I got off!

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• At first I thought I was going to die on it!! But i started by going backwards first for as long as I could then switch to forward. Once you do the switch it is so much easier to go forward and tricked myself to going longer by that. I can do over an hour now but started out very slow. I love it because its easy on my knees and I HATE THE TREADMILL!!! So my routine is AT LEAST 15 minutes backwards and 15 forward on level 2. If I am not doing strength traning I will do 45 to hour. Oh, i watch movies, that helps me stay on longer cause I want to see what happens!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have used them for an hour and they are my least favorite machine. However, there is a similar one to an elliptical that can really kick one's butt!!! They are not called ellipticals but they are like walking in deep sand:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i LIKE the eliptical alot. i do a higher level to get a challenge for at least 30 minutes then run on the treadmill a few minutes at about 8.0 on hills to end my cardio.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 9:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I love the elliptical. We have 4 of the newer ones that let you do regular elliptical or instantaneously turn into a step stepper. LOVE it!!!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I can go 45 minutes on the elliptical, not counting the 2 minute cooldown the ones at the Y offer. I usually do random hill, level 10. I could probably do more, but I only get to go for 2 hours so I have to add strength training. Thank goodness they added TVs to the new machines!!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Gezz I am so out of shape! I know i need to lose weight but to know i cant handle an eliptical is kinda depressing!! lol
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Oh you will..Give it time!! When I first started using elipticals I was lucky to get 10 minutes in before my thighs felt like heavy bricks and I was sore for days afterwards.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:37 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I hate treadmills too-- they hurt my knees & i feel weird when i get off them. lol. so i thought the eliptical would be great for me! I think I will try to get my muscles in a little better shape before trying to get on again. lol.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2009