80s music debate with my sister

I say that Journey did Someday Soon in 79. I also say Night Ranger did Sister Christian in like 82. Journey started releasing albums nearly ten years before Night Ranger. My sister is convinced that I am full of it, because there is no way I would know that off the top of my head(I am 23). I googled it just for her benefit but she still doesn't buy it. She swears up and down that Sister Christian came out way before she was born, and she was born in 83. And she also thinks that Journey didn't release albums in the 80s. Just Steve Perry did with his solo stuff. Help me out here ladies!

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

• Since I am old 42, I will tell you that Journey's first album was released in 1978. I know this because my sister played it over and over and she graduated in 1979. Their biggest hits did come in the early 80's. They peaked in 1981 with their Escape album which included Open Arms. There popularity continued because their music was often featured on movie soundtracks.
    They had other hits throughout the mid 80's including Faithfully that came out in 1983 I believe.The band broke up in 87.
    Sister Christian was released as a single in late 82 before the album release. My sophomore year of high school. I remember because I danced to this song at a dance with my then boyfriend. He graduated in 83.
    So you are both right and wrong. Journey started recording 5 to 6 years before Night Ranger not 10. And Journey did have hits after she was born in 1983. Either way I think it is great that you like 80's music. My 16yr old dd does too
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 9:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• well I'm an 80s girla nd Sister Christian is an 80s song.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Single by Night Ranger
    from the album Midnight Madness
    Released 1983
    Recorded 1982
    Genre Hard rock
    Length 5:02 (album)
    Label MCA Records
    Writer(s) Kelly Keagy
    Producer Pat Glasser
    Night Ranger singles chronology
    "(You Can Still) Rock In America"
    (1983) "Sister Christian"
    (1984) "When You Close Your Eyes"
    (1984)

"Sister Christian" is a power ballad by the hard rock band Night Ranger, which was first released on their album Midnight Madness.

Contents [hide]
    1 Origin and meaning
    2 Music video
    3 Notes
    4 External links

pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I like that you can rock on some 80's ladies. Journey is some old stuff, I remember Sister Christian when I was about 9 or 10. My aunt use to play it all the time. Don't remember how far back they go though. sorry
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• See thats what I said. Pagirl71 may very well have settled this. Apparently my research isn't good enough since I am biased and want to look right! My sister is such a pain in my ass sometimes.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Love Journey!!!
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009