Are there any (real) hillbillies left?

Or were they just in the "Beverly Hillbillies" show, I liked watching it.

Can you decribe a hillbilly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ever been to West Virginia? Nuff said. lol
    Brandie_xo

Answer by Brandie_xo at 9:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have family that lives in Tennessee.. Hillbillies. :) LOL They live in the holler
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am sure Kentucky has some hillbillies left. Depends on what you consider hillbilly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• OH YES HONEY!!!! My best friend moved to Tenn. when her husbands mom died, the moved into her home in bumble no where E. Tenn. She is from Cali, & no way is a hillbilly neither is her husband. BUT, when we go up there, we'll drive around th MT's and look at the hillbillies. It's like going to the zoo.

Hillbilly's are mountain rednecks.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• omg come to my small corner in WI, crazy stuff, where grand parents are cousins and people use bloody tampons to fertilize there gardens....

alicia541

Answer by alicia541 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• just because someone is from the south anaon, it dosen't mean that they are hillbillies.... yes, i may be from alabama, i may call the valley the holler, i may say yonder, i say y'all, ain't, and alot of other "southern" words, but i also know how to speak correctly when needed. does that make me a hillbilly? i don't live in the mountains, wear dirty clothes, nor am i uneducated
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Josie I also say y'all and ain't. No, I'm not a hillbilly but as a southerner you have to admit there are still some out there! lol
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 10:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My mother is from Wva and yes she is true hillbilly, southern draw and all. I love her cooking, especially fried chicken, corn bread, biscuts and fried potatoes. mmmm good stuff. She can be a little embarrassing in public at times but hey whats a child to do...lol I always have to tell her, mom, don't wear socks with sandles and crazy stuff like umm those earrings look like they could reach the ground...lol Oh and the way she says things is so comical, like seement not cement. Yes she lived up the holler most of life as did many in my family. Im not ashamed but really really glad Im from Cleveland, Ohio...totally cityfied:) Omg she took my dh down a road in Wva once and he said this is not a road, it's a darn goat path...lmao
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 10:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have aunts who still eat squirrel gravy...YUCKY!!!!
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 10:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• lalli yes there are hillbillies but i haven't seen any in the part of alabama where i'm from, i just don't like to be called a hillbilly because i'm from the south, and you know ppl think that about people from alabama (and obviously tennessee too) oh and this is to wrhsc-- that's not "hillbilly" food, it's good southern cookin' :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009