i need help with toe turning on my knitted socks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You're knitting it top down right? So what is your pattern and what part are you having a problem with?
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i am having problems with the HEEL turning..not the toe. I am doing Ann Norling's adult basic sock..and I am using no 3 needles dp..and it is as follows where i am stuck...row 1 : pearl to 2 stitches beyond center..which would be 18 for me..p2tog,turn work ROW 2 SL 1 first stitch, k 5, k2tog, k1 row 3 turn sl1 work to within 1 st of last turn, p2tog.. p1 row4 turn sl1 work to within 1 stitch of turn..k2tog k1....rep rows 3 and 4 until st are k ending with a knit row there will be 18 stitches remaining...my problem is..how many needles do I use..and once i i start on row 1..there are stitches still on this needle..which has 32 stitches..the other 2 needles have 16 each for a total of 64 cast on stitches to start. and yes it is from the top down...i hope you can help..and i hope i havent confused you! I am confused!! thanx for answering..beachgoddessme
    beachgoddessme

Answer by beachgoddessme at 2:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009