So how bad is it that the only thing I have kept down in 3 days is Dr. Pepper?

I have hardly slept...I am tired and pretty pathetic right now. Water comes right back up, tea comes right back up, crackers, food, everything comes right back up...I called the doc yesterday and am getting new meds today. Hope they work. Think I'll be okay until then? Kinda worried about getting dehydrated...but I am still peeing like crazy so I guess I'm okay?

Carli26

Asked by Carli26 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try sipping pedialyte (sp?) just a little bit every 1/2 hr or so, it'll keep you hydrated.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I fel for you I was like that with my first pregnancy its horrible, my doc put me on phen-a-gen(not sure how to spell it) which really helped me and it will make you sleepy so that is good as well. Try and get some of those instant breakfast drinks and change to chewable vitamins. But as long as you are still peeing then you should be ok. also anything with ginger in it will help with the sickness ginger ale ginger snap cookies candied ginger. I hope this helps you. and if not it should be gone with your second trimester. good luck and congrats!
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 10:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Did your obgyn ask you to try drinking rehydrating drinks like: Gatorade or Vitamin water? You also can try eating foods with a lot of water to them like soup, applesauce etc. Hope you feel better asap!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 10:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• ugh...I have tried ginger stuff and I can't keep the ensure down either....but thank you for your suggestions...I was taking phenergan but I must have built a tolerance to it cause it stopped working. I'm 17 weeks...I thought it would be gone by now but I am afraid it's going to hang around for awhile. I'm gonna get some pedialyte just to make sure I keep hydrated and my electrolites(spelling?) up. My first pregnancy was so easy. Thanks ladies.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• This is my word. The only thing that didn't make me vomit was sipping dr pepper. It was awful lol.. I couldn't keep prenatals down, eat ANYTHING not even soup, and couldn't stomach pedialyte. I took one sip and threw up everything, pedialyte is nasty.

I don't think it's too bad, as long as you can get something down soon. Phenegren never worked for me, with either pregnancy, so I went strait to zofran although none of the docs I saw too my complaints seriously so I ended up in the Er severely hydrated before finally getting zofran. : / assholes.

Mine stopped at around 20 weeks, but I still throw up occasionally, but can eat! I am 31 weeks now and have been feeling great for awhile. I have those *off* days of nausea but otherwise it's been great!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• this is my *world* not word lol.!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• thanks...glad someone else was sipping Dr. pepper...now I don't feel so bad...lol
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I know how you feel. I went through the same thing and finally Dr. Pepper is what I could keep down and made me feel better. I never took any medicine for it, but that was because I didn't want to take it. I just made myself suffer through it lol. When I asked my Dr. about it. she told me anything I could keep down was better than nothing. So if milk or water wouldn't do it, the Dr. Pepper was ok.

natalieg

Answer by natalieg at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• As long as you're keeping SOMETHING down that's great, but if at all possible I would try switching to another thing similar to dr. pepper. Sprite, ginger ale, caffeine free dr. pepper, etc. Because caffeine has been proven to be the number one source of miscarriage in the first trimester. But if nothing else works, dr. pepper is better than nothing. Hope you feel better.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22718279/
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• A couple of things that worked for me (because I couldn't do anything during morning sickness & I couldn't handle my prenatals) were 'Preggy Pops" you can get them at Babies R Us and "Gummy Vites" can replace your prenatals. You take two of them each day and you're good. That's what my dr told me to do and I have a healthy, energetic baby girl. Hope this helps.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 12:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009