How is violation of the 1st Amendment Fair?

1st Amendment states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

***Currently, Democrats in Congress are considering legislation that would regulate/mandate what is listen to on the radio known as the “fairness doctrine.”
***At the same time, Republicans in Congress have drafted legislation that would perserve the 1st Amendment and “prevent the Federal Communications Commission from repromulgating the fairness doctrine.”

(HR.226, S.34, S.62, S.160,)

Which do you support?
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h226/show
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/95177

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Another part of the Constitution that libs want to amend to fulfill their own agenda.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I support those republicans in congress.I am not surprised this is typical of the dems
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If they want to remove my first amendment rights, they may have to go through my second amendment rights first hehehe
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I support the Republicans 100%,and pray that they are successful in every aspect on this! Godspeed to them!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I also support the Republicans on this. Funny how the liberals are all for exposing our kids to porn, but God forbid they listen to conservaitve talk radio.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yeah seems they are all about free speech as long as it is THEIR'S
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It is sad but we live in a liberal world and that means oppression and lack of our right to say anything but popular speech.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• What they don't report is that liberal radio has been dismal failure in the free market. That is what gripes the Dems--that nobody will pay for their garbage--but Rush and his kind are doing extremely well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Great Answers ladies. Looks like this is another one of those "avoidable" questions from the cafemom liberals who are answering "other" questions besides this one. lol
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Oh, get a grip, people.

Liberals are "all for" exposing our children to porn? I repeat, get a grip, and stop spewing out crap.

I'm moderately liberal and a Democrat, and I do not support the fairness doctrine. Stop grouping everyone together, it's making you look ignorant.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2009