Do you have any naming trends in your family?

I "almost" did completely. But I didn't follow through with my last child. I should have no in retrospect.

But my first two, they last letter of their first name is the first letter of their Middle name:

AspeN Nicole
ChloE Elizabeth.

Then my little Layla Rose...the odd ball out. I wish now I could change her middle name to something with an A but it's kind of late.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In my extended family, yes. The last name on my mother's side starts with "J" and a lot of people who have that as their last name also give their kids first names that start with "J". My mom came from seven: Joni, Julie, Janice, Jennifer, Jeffery, Jonathon and Joseph. There's also a Joshua, Jill, Jaime.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 7:01 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Both of my children have common names with uncommon spellings. They are Mykal (Michael) and Cerra (Sara).
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have 2 girls and both of thier names and mine as well starts with TA and ends in A just the first names...the middle names are whatever my hubby picks since I choose first name lol.
    TalindasMommy

Answer by TalindasMommy at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• the name ray. My husbands name is Franklin Ray Harris, my name is Courtney Raye Harris, and we named our daghter Jacey Raye Harris.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 10:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes Me and my SO kids names start with C and middle names with M errrr....we have 3 kids that was hard lol

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 10:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• We didnt but my sister does.
    She named all her kids names that she ended in "ie". Like Emilie, Abbie,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My Aunt is Rebecca Faith, I am Hope, my sister and daughter are Joy's, and my other LO is Joliscia Grace. I'm hoping the next little girl from me has a first or middle name of Mercy.

not to mention the middle name Ann. My grandma, mother, firstborn daughter, and myself have the middle name Ann.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My mom, me, and my daughter all have the same middle name. Our middle name is Touvoui but if I had to try to spell it so that you could correctly pronounce it I think it would be "Ta-Voy". And if we had a boy he was going to have my husband's middle name which is Dean.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Also my mom has 6 kids, There is me and my sister who both start with SH,I'm Shannon and she's Shelby and my mn is Jolene, her's is raylene. Then I have brother's Dustin and Dalton, and then Carter and Cale. So 2 with each letter.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• There are a lot of "Justin" names in my family, either a middle name or a first name.

As far as my own personal family (hubby and kids) I thought I wanted to name them all after my hubby or a veriation of his name. I also wanted to continue the tradition of giving the girls their mother's middle name. My first name is my mother's middle name.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2009