Dollar Store Tests?!?!?

I am 3 days late but I guess I ovulated later than usual..I took a dollar store test today its REALLY faint and took like 3 minutes for it to show up but not 10 for sure. Anyone had a super faint with dollar store test? What dpo were you??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes with all of my preg.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have never had a dollar store test have a false result. they have always been right for me. If I wasn't preggo: it was negative, if I was, it was positive :) I don't know how many dpo I was though.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my best friend did. and i used the dollar store tests with my first pregnancy but i was already 3 months pregnant when I found out so my line wasn't faint...but yeah like I said, my best friend had 2 like that and she was pregnant.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes i had this with my second one i would wait a few days and then test again if it is still faint and no signs of a period then i would get a different test and take it first thing in the morning. good luck i hope you get the results you want
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 10:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• a faint line just means your just a little pregnant.....LOL
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 10:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i didnt know the dollar store carried Pregnancy tests! wtf! i totally could have saved $15 if i had known that (even though i found out i was pregnant before i bought one..my doctor told me)

and i needed to see the test for myself lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes same thing happen to me and i was prego.. now my son is 1yrs old.. so that dollar store test DOOOO WORK!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• thats all i use, i worked at a dr's office before and thats the same type they use too bought in bulk, when we would run out we would go and get more from dollar tree. i never had one fail me yet, and yes all of mine (7 pregnancies) were faint i always tested soon though right as i was due to start. test again in a day or 2, it will get darker.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• A faint line is still a line : )
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The dollar store tests are the ones the doctor's offices and hospitals use. The line was always super faint with my pregnancies and also took longer than the test said to show up. Like 5-6 minutes instead of 1-3.

I think we even threw one away and took another a few days later and almost threw it away until I noticed the slightest line, then I pulled the other one out of the garbage and sure enough, there was a line on that one too.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009