4th Oakland police officer dies

God rest his soul and be with his family comfort them in their time of great need.

sad what is happening?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So sad...
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 10:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• This is so sad and such a shame. There is no respect for law enforcement. It's infuriating.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• So sad. I felt sick when I heard it because they were just there to deliver a warrent and my husband is thinking of becoming a police officer too. I don't want to receive news like this. It would break my heart.

My heart goes out to their families.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It makes me sad for the men that serve our society and they get treated like this. I can't understand how so many people think and how they can behave that way. I pray for comfort for the families--how senseless their deaths must be to those who love them. And to see the reaction from those they protect? Go figure?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm sorry Anon, do you live in Oakland? Go figure right?
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• This is a travesty! You know, it all starts when they are young. Behavior that was once absolutely intolerable, is now, "normal" behavior. And our morals in this country have gone to hell in a hand basket! God be with these officers families and all fallen officers families!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was so shocked when I read about the shooting in the newspaper. It is such a shame and such a losted. so many at the same time.
    KathyH105

Answer by KathyH105 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• This guy was pulled over for a routine traffic stop-he opened fire on these cops then ran to his sister's apartment. She said that he didn't want to go back to jail on a warrant.

Well, don't do bad stuff then! Those cops didn't have to die bc he didn't want to face the consequences of his actions.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Hey LadyChamp if your husband does decide to become a cop there's a great website for wives/so's of cops :). I'm a member and the ladies there are wonderful.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 11:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• miriam!!!! Hey momma! missed ya!!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2009