Nothing is working!-weight loss

I am desperately trying to lose the baby weight...and maybe a little more...and for 3 months now I have been exercising and eating right and I have lost no weight! I was thinking about adding maybe slim quick or something else just to give me a little extra help...anyone else have anything that worked for them? I don't need to lose a ton of weight, my goal would be about 20-25 lbs...

mere417

Asked by mere417 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• it's hard to lose that weight right after a baby. Usually the body will keep on as much fat as possible, especially if your breastfeeding. Count your calories, walk everyday, and drink TONS of water. If that doesn't work, not sure what will.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Thanks...I actually had my son 7 months ago...stopped BFing about 1 1/2 weeks ago...since I stopped BFing I have lost 4 lbs....I am drinking alot, doing videos 1 time a day and walking a few times a week...no less then 3 miles each time....plus chase a 2 1/2 year old around all day! ;P
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• try to eat 1200 cals a day, my baby is 7 mnhts, too, i have 10 more to go!!! and i work out hard core!!! i also am doing the apple cider vinegar diet!! good luck
    Anonymous

• Ask your Doctor to do a Thyroid check you could have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid). A simple blood test will tell you. It causes you to not be able to loose weight no matter what you do.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 2:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I had gained 55 pounds with my last and over 80 with my first here is what worked for me: Okay a good rule of thumb is not to consumer more than 10x your ideal body weight in calories. Since you have been dieting for so long - STOP - For 5 days, each what you want, don't look at the scale, drink what you want. Then on day 6 and 7 only eat 800 calories NO SALT, ONLY WATER to drink, you may not think it is enough, but it is- gives you breakfast, cereal, and a piece of fruit, light yogurt for snack, turkey sandwich on lowcal bread with mustard for lunch, another peice of fruit for snack, and either a can of progresso lite soup for dinner or a salad with 4oz grilled chicken breast. and celery sticks or carrots for an evening snack. This is what I do whenever I hit a platue, little girl is now 4 months old and I am within 5 - 10 pounds of my preprego weight. Good Luck! if you need anything else or more tips send me a message.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Depends on what you mean by eating right. If you suddenly reduced your calories, your body started storing fat cells and actually created more. The way to do it is to gradually reduce your caloric intake. Start with snacks. Replace your snack with 100 calorie snack packs if you love sweets or fresh fruit and veggies. Then work on your meals. Buy some cookbooks to learn how to cook healthy and also watch your portions. Drinking water will help you feel full if you get the late night munchies. Don't eat after 8pm. Eat a big breakfast, a med lunch and a very small dinner and you'll watch the weight fly off. Also if you just stopped breastfeeding that could be why you haven't lost any. Most people think breastfeeding helps lose weight but it doesn't because it's recommended to consume more calories when you are BF than when you were pregnant. Good luck!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Check your thyroid. Also you can do Atkins. You start off eating 14-15 grams of carbs in Veggies and 4-5 carbs in Meats. It works really well, I am on it. I eat alot too.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, get your thyroid checked. Some would say to blame your thyroid is a cop out, but coming from someone who has hypothyroidism and can't lose weight AT ALL, it is not a cop out at all. It really messes up your metabolism. I work out 4-5 days a week and watch what I eat and NADA.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Hi - I do have advise for a new weight lose product designed specifically to fight abdmominal fat and every person taking this is seeing immediate results. The great aspect about this is not only do you loose the weight you want, it will help you keep it off which as we all know, is always the hardest part with any other diet plan. Please review the product and contact me anytime with questions. I am sharing this because I know it works and you won't be disappointed. Visit: www.weightloss.getgojionline.com
    Cakes524

Answer by Cakes524 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• you may need to do a cleanse..let me know if you want more info
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:39 AM on Mar. 26, 2009