what do you think of this? Is this fair?

In the begining of December we attended a city counsil meeting which was open to the public...anyway hubby and I went. We were looking around at all the people wearing their Obama shirts....some displaying his face with the quote, "he's my black president" OK cool I get you're digging on him..no problem....there were I would say out of 75ish people probably 5 shirts...fast forward to March 2009. Hubby and I attended another City Counsel meeting and we wore shirts that had BO on them but also displayed the words "Half honkey all donkey" we were not allowed to wear them into the meeting and we told we would have to change our shirts to be allowed in... where or not you agree with the saying...does this seem fair?

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 10:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• *sigh* ...whew......ok.......here we go.

Ladies, on this site I have noticed that black posters end up doing a lot of defending against their pride and hertiage and it's not making you look good. Stop grouping ALL BLACKS in to one category. Our essence can not be contained ok? You can't fit ANYONE into one box.

With that being said, I don't think you were wrong for wearing your shirt. I thought it was funny.
    I wish some of my fellow "African-Americans" (as some would like to call us) would pump the breaks on their double standards. I've said many times on this site before that people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are walking talking double standards and they don't speak for the black community as a whole. Most who I know wish they would go sit down somewhere, but that's neither here nor there.

They should have let you in with your shirt...however, I do see a difference between the two shirts.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think it seems odd. On both sides. Why on earth would you lower yourself wearing a shirt like that?
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 10:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• now if a black person called you a honkey you all would want to call them racist. I think your shirt was in very poor taste.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Oh well because I am low class white trash of course?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am a honkey!!! I wear it well...
    on the flip side...I know many AA's who do not like the term and will not tolerate the term "black"...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Unfortunately, now that we have "progressed" to a black "president", we are gonna see even more rampant double standards,and blatant racism towards whites. It's sad,and it's just as wrong as racism against blacks,but they don't seem to care. Sorry that happened to you. I find nothing wrong with the shirts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If you don't find anything wrong with the shirts, why do you post anonymously?
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 10:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Because I have been up all night with a sick baby,and am out the door to the doctor,and don't feel like dealing with all the garbage that would be polluting my page when I get back. Why do you care, anyway. Is is really any of your business? NO! Didn't think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• no, you're not low class...I don't know you. I just felt the shirt was in poor taste.
    Anonymous

• Not sure if this matters or not and I should have probably posted this in the OT but part of the issue with hubby as I was the fact we had always been led to believe that attire with ANY political affiliation(s) we not to be worn...We have since tried to no avail to get a clear answer to that..

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009