Internal ultrasound while on period? Gross?!?!

I have to have an ultrasound to check on some ovarian cysts I had throughout my pregnancy. Well lucky me, my period came back a couple days ago (7 weeks postpartum). I called to see if I had to reschedule my ultrasound and they said they'd still do it. Really? I mean - really? If I get there and they say they can't I will be PO'ed...I guess there's no reason they can't, it just seems very unnecessarily gross. Does this sound right to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• yeah kind of gross but on the Dr's end of it it cant be any worse than delivering a baby. But wierd none the less.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm sure they've seen worse and I am also fairly certain they won't spend the rest of their day talking about the woman who was on her period during a pelvic US.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• They do pelvic US on women who are having miscarriages or threatened AB all the time so I don't think there is any reason for them to cancel your US. Good luck!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Its not too bad. They use a condom on the internal monitor that they gently slide into you. You will be sitting on a disposable type chux that they'll just toss when you get up. It's not really messy. I've had an internal done while bleeding a lot during a miscarriage and it wasn't really messy at all. It actually hurt less than having an internal during normal early pregnancy because the blood helped act as lubricant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2009