did you hear this?

I read something when I was pregnant that said that a parent should never make a disgusted face while changing a little one's poopy diaper. It said that making a disgusted face could possibly give the little one a complex about their natural body functions.

Seriously? Poop smells. I ALWAYS make a face because its soooo nasty!! I'm all for teaching my daughter that poop is a nasty bodily function, because it is!

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that is crazy sorry but no smiles here lol

Answer by tlc-mom at 11:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Why would u tell your daughter it's a nasty body function!! As nasty as it is it's NORMAL!! She'd be one hurting kid if she didn't poop!! I think u need to grow up!

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• of course its normal, anon :02. But its still nasty!

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i tell my daughter poo stink, and now she waves her hand in front her nose and says pooooo tinky....its so damn cute. but i dont teach her to be ashamed of it

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am never excited to clean a dirty diaper but I make sure my son knows it is okay and that I will be there to clean it up.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I ask my two yr old if he made a poop poop and he will tell me yes. I then tell him we need to change him becuase it is gross to sit in poo. He willingly grabs a diaper and the wipes. So I don't think I am doing him any harm. Lord what will they come up with next, as if parenting is not riddled with guilt as it is. Sheece!

Answer by salexander at 11:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My kids know poop is hasn't stopped them from doing it. Darn it for trying.

Answer by munch12502 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i wish my daughter would poop more lol she gets so constipated all the time always has no matter what i feed her

Answer by sandi611 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i made funky faces at my daughters poo poo when she was a baby and it would make her laugh, now she is 4 and i still make a funky face when she poops in the potty and she still laughs at me! she tells me to hide my nose!........i think we are making our kids wimps with not tag in school etc and now we cant make a nasty face when they make a nasty poop!!! it makes me mad!!

Answer by woobie102 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2009