Does anyone scrapbook?

I am not sure that I am spelling it right but I am sure the you will get my point. For anyone who scrapbooks I am sure that you know that it is not cheap for the supplies... I have been looking at the Cricuts but they are right at $300.00 here, and the cartridge thing is $60.00 for just one. What does the thing exactly do? Does it make stickers or just cutouts? And how do you know how to get the shape you want? Any information would be greatly appreciated!! I just basically want to know about the machine, how it works, what it is capable of doing, is it a good investment, and is it cheaper in the long run... Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i do scrap booking ans as far as i know the cricut does cutouts you put in a cartridge and pick the cutout you want and pick the size you want then it will cut it out and you save like $100's if you buy it instead of just buying the little cutouts! i don't know if you have a scrapbook store in your town but i know a lot of them will teach you how to use it!! i don't have one YET but i want one bad!! lol GOOD LUCK hope this helped

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Hi I have a cricut and use it all the time. If you purchase the smaller size cricut, you can do letters and shapes up to 5 1/2". Unless you plan on doing banners and such you dont need to buy the large cricut for 300.00. You can buy the orginal smaller one at walmart for 189.00 or go on ebay and bit on them. I got my for 104.00 on ebay. You can purchase cartridges at different online stores for 24.00-45.00 so dont pay full price. I use the different cartridges for fonts more than any and the home accents has alot of flourishes designs. It is well worth the purchase. Hope this helps you out. Go to Cricut.com and it will give you a full description. Good luck.
    cinnabon1

Answer by cinnabon1 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have a Cricut and I LOVE IT! It has saved me tons of money on the cutouts and letters. Hobby Lobby offers them for 30% off sometimes, along with the accessories that go with it. It sounds like a large investment at first, but it is well with it in the long run.
    Each cartridge comes with instructions on how to get the shapes you want, and it is really easy to use.
    Best of luck!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I got the Cricut for Christmas and it was the BEST present! I use it all the time. It is expensive but it is fun and if you have a friend with it you can trade cartridges. For me I look out for the Michael's 40 or 50% coupons. Sometimes they allow you to use them on Cricut sometimes they dont. They also run the stuff on for 30-50% every few months or so. Look for the cartridges on Craigslist too! I bought one for $10 on there! Walmart has the supplies now too. This was dumb but I ruined a mat the first time I used it because I didn't want to waste card stock on a trial and used construction paper. Don't do that it sticks to the mat and ruins it! Just FYI lol.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2009