• In the Spotlight:

So you think God's not real......

Weither God is real or not, he still provides hope to so many people. A lot of people are drug addicts and whores until they find God. Why would you constantly try to put down something or someone that makes so many people better? It doesn't matter if you think he's real or not but somewhere a mother is no longer a crack addict because she found God. Somewhere a man no longer molests kids because he found God. Somewhere a guy is no longer robbing and killing our family members because he found God. (All true stories) All of these things happened because of God weither he's truly real or not. STOP KILLING THOSE PEOPLE'S DREAMS! If it makes them a better person then let them have it! Gosh

For the record: I'm middle of the road

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree.
    Whether people believe or dont believe in God is their decision. But those that dont shouldnt try to talk down to those that do. Those that do have hope and faith and no one should try to diminsih that in another person. IMO.
    (for the record I guess I would be " middle of the road" too)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Honey..........sorry to burst your bubble. This is the United States Of America and here in this country we have the freedom to believe what we wish to believe. We also have the freedom of speech. Do I think that anyone should be hurtful with there belief no I do not. Im glad that you have had personal experiences with folks that have found peace in there life...........
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• And somewhere women are being oppressed and made sub-servant to men, because god wills it. And somewhere, people are being killed because they don't believe in the same god as someone else. And somewhere wars are being fought in the name of this god over that one. And somewhere some poor little boys are being molested by their trusted religious leader, and it's being swept under the rug. And here in this country laws are being passed to oppress everyone, including those who do not believe in god.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• People bash things they're afraid of or don't understand. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to force my beliefs down their throat, but I expect the same in return. Don't put down my beliefs because you don't agree with them. Grrrr, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My2.5boys makes a good point- yes, there is much good done in the name of God (or religion), but there have also been significant atrocities commited in the name of God (or religion.) It is a sword that cuts both ways.
    Personally, I do believe in some notion of God (thought it is not the Christian notion) and am not one to try to talk people out of their beliefs. Ultimately I think if what you believe makes you a better person, that is great regardless of the validity of those beliefs.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Nobody has ever denied that some good can be done with religion. It's the harm that comes from religion that most of us speak out against. And all those good things, can be accomplished in other ways, besides the use of god.

If you want to believe in a higher power, if that what helps you to deal with reality, than that's fine. But stop forcing it on me, and pretending that only good comes from it.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my2.5boys

Yes you are right! All of those things are happing around the world also but we're not talking about those people. Why kill the dream of a person who's life it has changed? That's the question. Some people come on here and say they've done good things and thank God. Then someone posts right behind them saying they're stupid for believing and it's not real. THOSE are the people I am asking about. Why kill their dreams?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Um.... did I miss the question?
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• cont.....

And I also agree that no beliefs should be forced on anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• "Um.... did I miss the question? "

Go back and look for the question mark. It's there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2009