how do i get started after 9 years of birth control

now iam trying to have a child because i just got married 7months ago

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Depends on what kind of birth control, but everyone is different. I would schedule an apt with your gyno, they would be able to tell you right off when you should expect ovulation to start again, stop taking it, and have fun with your new husband. It may take a while to ovulate again though. I think bcp you do rather quickly but I was on the shot a few years ago and it took like 6 months to get regular again.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would start by having sex and go from there...
    Sorry, it's just what popped in my head. Don't have any actual advice for you.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I got off the pill .Two days after that I got preggo with my oldest daughter.I think you just have to relax.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I've learned you can be on the pill for a very long time, and still get pregnant right away it really depends on the person. I would say just relax, and try not to fret if it doesn't happen right away.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I took the pill for 8 years and have been ttc for over a year now. it is different for everyone. gl and babydust
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I just wanted to update my previous answer. I just found out I am pregnant after TTC for a year. I quit bcp last march and got pregnant this feb.
    Just relax and have fun. I got pregnant the month that I had given up.
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2009