I was told that taking Hot bathes is very bad for the baby, im almost eight monthes and have been taking hot bathes and worried that it may have hurt my baby. Is it really bad to do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's only bad if you stay in there too long. You shouldn't be in there for more than 15 min. Now are you in a HOTTUB, or just your bathtub? Because hottubs get much hotter.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yeah okay! that's funny! i take hot baths all the time..i went into a hot tub and i thought it was cold..im 9 months pregnant and taking hot baths feels soooo good...and im not talking about warm baths...

my body felt better when it was hot and my baby is doing just fine! she's very active and the doctors like that
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• (btw, the hot tub i went in, it was actually really cold..my bf agreed)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I took baths during all 3 of my pregnancy's & my kids are fine. However, the baths were not very hot. I kept the temperature warm.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 11:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• As long as it's not too hot where you have to ease yourself very slowly in the water. Reason being, If you get too hot, your heart rate can go up and decrease the blood flow to your baby.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You will over heat before any harm actually comes to the baby, yor bodies way of protecting the unborn, make you uncomfortabe. As long as you are fine baby is fine, but if you do over heat get out, dont try to just sit in it and get over the feeling kwim?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Hot baths are fine, hot tubs are fine, as long as you don't force yourself to sit in water that's past comfort level! I mean, you wont sit in scolding hot water, or water that can burn you. Nor will you stay in it when you are uncomfortable! :)

I have been taking hot bath's my entire pregnancy and did with Becka.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My OB told me no more than 20 minutes in a hot tub. As long as your core temperature doesn't rise, you and baby will be fine.
    goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 11:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my doc just told me to limit the number of baths that i take towards the end because if you are in the bath and your water breaks you might not realize it. so thats one reason they tell you not to take baths or even go in the pool...
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 11:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Man, all those night I missed in the hot tub when I was on my honey moon, lol. My husband went in every night and I just hung my feet in.
    I was also told to avoid hot showers and said screw that. To me they're not worth taking if they're not scalding hot but I limited frontal exposure after I started to really show. I don't normally take baths though so that was never an issue.
    We're planning on visiting family this summer and my husband always splurges for those jacuzzi rooms...good to know I can still take a nice hot bath in there (I'll be like 4 or 5 months by then).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009