My 2 step daughter (15 & 16) didn't do anything for my husband for Fathers Day -No card, no help, nothing! He is heart broken but won't talk to them about it cuz "it won't do any good". Do I say something and if I do, how do I approach it! I'm really at a loss here and feel terrible for my husband.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Extremely touchy subject... the girls have to know that it was fathers day, which leads me to beleive there is a whole lot going on underneath that you may or may not know about.. as difficult as it is you might just need to stay back and leave it between the three of them!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Maybe next year you could volunteer to take them shopping for a Father's Day gift for their Dad.
    bigmommaG

Answer by bigmommaG at 10:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i would say something to them. kids are selfish they need to learn that just cause their parents are their support, strong wal and protectors it doesnt mean they are made of stone. 15 & 16 is old enough to know better.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 10:36 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• well my question is has he done anything to make them made at him if so that is why they didnt wish him a happy fathers day but if not just politely go to them and ask why theu didnt wish there father a happy fathers day
    mommyofcolby

Answer by mommyofcolby at 10:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• All children must be taught to honor their parents. Make sure you and your husband are setting a good example for them to follow by honoring your own parents, every day, not just the one day of the year set aside for moms and dads.
    Matriarch

Answer by Matriarch at 1:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Hello, my name is Lynn I've got to laugh a little about this issue.I have two sons,and I have a new Husband of 4 years,I felt like I had to push the issue of this is your stepfather, my husband realized what I was doing and told me to let things work themselfs out;and sure enough thou it took 4 years we are a family and on this last fathers day we were at the market and my boys were showing me the fathers day cards they asked me ( mom can we get this card for Mark, I really think he would like this one ). So just let time take care of itself, and for your Husband he has no reason to feel hurt, I mean after all he isnt there real father by blood, but as they say (anyone can be a father , but it takes a real man to be a Daddy!
    LSargent

Answer by LSargent at 9:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• LSargent - I guess I don't know what you mean by "after all he isn't their real father by blood"????????? He is their real father by blood so yes, his feelings were very hurt. I do hope time will help. My 6 year old (My husbands step son) always makes sure to get something for Jeff. You are right it does take a real man to be a daddy!
    mc0504

Answer by mc0504 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008