What in the freakin ......

DETROIT (AP) — A Detroit couple accused of trying to cremate their slain 2-year-old son on a barbecue grill and then collecting his welfare benefits have pleaded guilty in a deal with prosecutors. Twenty-eight-year-old Joseph Miller pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree murder and 23-year-old Nickella Reid pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and welfare fraud.

Police found the remains of 2-year-old Deuntay Miller while investigating the 2007 scalding of the couple's 1-year-old son, Nicholas. Reid faces up to 15 years in prison at her April 7 sentencing.

Miller faces up to 50 years at his April 16 sentencing. Before the plea deal he had been charged with first-degree murder and if convicted would have faced life with no possibility of parole.

What the hell kinda world do we live in? Do you think if you recieve welfare and are called out for possible abuse, that you should no longer recieve welfare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Execute them both and don't waste food, jail housing space and medical care on them for the next 40 or 50 years. These, and I use the word loosely, people, are a total waste of oxygen.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• What??? This is sad and sick! Did they have custody of the one year old that was burned?
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• don't know Jenn, that was the whole story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• OMG how disgusting
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sick inhumane bastar*s!! NO, to answer your question, you're benefits should be suspended during the investigation. Yeah, my question to, how did they have the 2 yo if they abused the 1 yo?!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• They probably won't be eligible for welfare anymore-BUT-we will be paying for them in jail.

Which is were I would prefer my money to go.

We can't we just execute?
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Horrible.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 11:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• This is why I don't read stuff like that. I don't want to believe there are that sick of people in the world. (Shutting my eyes, humming to myself, rocking back and forth)!! LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I want to know why she is only facing 15 years? Both should be in prison for life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm nauseas. Seriously nauseas.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2009