Does anyone else feel like there is so much more to life...

that they haven't done and probably will never do. And really miss what could be out there.
I don't mean instead of what I have now. I am so thankful for my family, I think I have reached an age and a place in my life where what my life is going to consist of is limited now. Where did they time go.
Please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm lucky enough to have done a LOT in my short life. Sure there is a lot more I'd like to do, and I do feel very sedentary these days but hopefully one day I'll be out traveling and doing the things I love again. Maybe when the kids are a bit older :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sounds like Reba's song, "Is there life out there". If you listen to it, it clears alot of stuff up! Everyone feels that way. It is life. The thing you always have to remember is that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. What you have may seem dull and boring, but trust me, it's probably the best thing ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No, not really. My husband's great & busts his @$$ to get me the things & experiences I hold dear. Not that there's a lot on that list lol... I'm very low-maintenance.

The only thing I really feel like I'm missing out on is traveling. I'd LOVE to travel --- and that's our retirement plan.... so it's all good.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sometimes I feel that way too, I think its because my kids are little and all consuming, I read about old friends on Facebook and what they have done, where they have traveled, what their careers are and I think, sheesh, I've done nothing! ...then I stop feeling sorry for myself and focus on what I do have, which is a flawed, but pretty darn good marriage, 2 wonderful and most importantly, *healthy* children, a home, food on the table, we both have fairly stable jobs...I'm very lucky. I hope to continue to do some things for myself when the kids are older, take some classes, travel with DH...but for now, I'm in the "Mommy" chapter of life, and I'd better enjoy it because everyone says it goes so fast =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• OH HUN, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO LIFE THAN DOING THE THINGS YOU THINK YOU MISSED OUT ON. AS FOR ME THE ONLY THING THAT I AM MISSING OUT ON IS HAVING GRANDCHILDREN, OTHERWISE MY LIFE HAS BEEN OH SO GOOD!

Answer by older at 11:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Wow!  What a depressing post!  Just what is this stage of life?  Because I'm 45 and haven't reached this stage yet.  Yes it can feel this way when you have young children because raising them is demanding on your time.  However they do grow up and eventually you can begin to claim YOUR life back. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am content with my life. I did not have my son until I was 30 so I had traveled and did many of the things I wanted to. My son is now 6 so we are going to start traveling once again. We will take him all over the world before he enters high school. We have worked hard and saved so we have the resources to live our lives the way we want. I have no regrets and love my life. I don't need anything other than what I already have.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I feel ya, I got married and had my kids young, sometimes I wonder if I ever got a chance to be me. Or discover myself. I never lived alone or anything.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I know what you mean, I have a great family and love them dearly but now I keep thinking I am getting older and I haven't traveled like I wanted to. I haven't done so much that I would really like to. I would never trade my family for all the fun things i missed but wish I could of done them both somehow.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 1:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I felt that way before. I felt like everyday was ground hog day. This same thing over and over. I think after age 30 something and years of children consuming your life you go through it. The Reba song is true. You need to find a hobby, or have some girlfriend time. Maybe entertaining friends at a bbq (it's getting warm out!) Find a passion. Get out of the house and when you come back home you'll feel refreshed. You'll miss your family and they'll miss you and have a whole new appreciation for you.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009