How many of you do Spring Cleaning?

Do you really clean from top to bottom? How long does it take you to get your house done? I'm starting mine today, hoping to be done by Thursday. I do a thorough cleaning including washing baseboards and blinds and everything! But I actually find it kinda fun to put on music and get things accomplished so I'm excited!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do it 2 times a year...spring and fall right before we have to "close up the house" for the winter...that way we aren't trapped in the house all winter with dust and grime and all for the winter....but I usually try to scrub/ dejunk a room/ closet/ area a day....usually takes me a few days to do the whole house
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my mom never made me wait til spring.. we clean everyday. O__o i've always hated it. but whenever we wanted to go out or do something.. at least there were no thoughts of something having to be done.
    or people could come over. and you wouldn't have to rush around trying to get your house looking nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You go April---when you're done you can always have fun at my house too!!!! lol
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I clean one room each day in my home top to bottom year round. I spend 2 hours a day cleaning and doing laundry and my house is immaculate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It will take me the rest of the week, I started on Sunday, but I am taking tmorrow off cause it is my birthday and I am pregnant so I am taking alot of breaks. But I am planning on doing alot too, touching up paint on walls, getting stuff together for donations, putting together the nursery and rearranging the girls room.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i agree with dle4125 you can come to my house and spring clean it for me lol!! I'm going to try and get a lot of cleaning done today and tomorrow!! i have a 1300sq-ft condo so it wont take to long! (i hope) wish me luck!!    

sweeping

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• We just moved in to this house in October, and at that time everything was super clean...so, although I do spring cleaning, I'm hoping this year will be pretty easy...as we haven't really had enough time to clutter up closets and stuff yet. I love it too, its a huge project and I feel a real accomplishment when its done. We've already done our windows inside and out, but I will take a day off of work and send the kids to daycare and have the whole house to myself and I will most definitely jack the music!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yeah, I'm having to wait on a sunny day to steam clean mattresses but everything else should be done this week.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm thinking about spring cleaning - but with 2 children and a full time job, gonna take a few weeks to get it ALL done

AK Aries - it's my birthday too tomorrow - Happy Birthday!!!
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 12:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009