have you heard of...

a baby that is breaking herself from her binki? she will not take it and she used to love it

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes...some kids just move on, both of my girls stopped using the bottle on their own...they would refuse it!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes my son did that be happy about it it just makes it easier
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yep. LimoMom is right. Some drop binkis, bottles, breasts, and even lovies all on their own.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My mother told me that I did that. Thank you lucky stars that she doesn't want the binky any more. There are far to many children still walking around with binkys at the age of 4 which I think is a little ridiculous. If they are old enough to walk they don't need a binky anymore.

On another note, I would expect her to probably do the same with sippy cups and bottles to. She is trying to be independent. I say let her do it! That is a good thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my daughter stopped everything on her own. Gave up the binky around 6 months, breastfeeding around 9 and the bottle at 10.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My first child stopped taking a binky at 6 months as well. I would stick it in his mouth and he would spit it back out. He wanted nothing to do with it ever again. My second baby used her binky until she was 2 1/2. It was a real pain trying to break her of it. My 3rd is 11 months and still uses his. Just count yourself lucky that you don't have to deal with the hassle of breaking of it later.
    Galdarisimom

Answer by Galdarisimom at 11:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My Son Stopped taking his Binky at 5 months and Now will only CHEW on it (teething) and he likes it fresh out of the freezer!!! and he Stopped taking the Breast at 3 Months... Which made me upset but after 2 wks of trying my Nipples where BLEEDING!!! So I finally gave in and Just let him have the bottle...

It happenes.....
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes you are lucky. MY son loved his when he was a baby. I finally got his away around 2 years od. He's 6 now. My other 2 children never really like them. There is a child at my church that still has one and he's 5 or 6 years old. I believe that's silly.
    anglemomof3

Answer by anglemomof3 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yeah of course.. my daughter used to love her binki and then she just stopped.. its normal. some babies just get tired of it after a while and dont need it... they realise they arent getting milk out of it so they dont want it anymore haha
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yup they can do that. My son barely ever took the pacifier, only when he was hungry and I was making his bottle. Then one day, he didn't want it anymore even for that. So we barely used ours.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2009