How do you help a child who gets picked on all the time and gets called racial names at school?

sandi611

Asked by sandi611 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd bring it to the principal or school board if the principal does nothing about it.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree I would talk to the Principal first then the school board. I would let the Principal know that you are documenting everything....from the bullying to your meetings so that if nothing is done about it and the problem only gets worse you have all the backup you need to show that you took all the right steps.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If they are being picked on in class start with the teacher. Then go to the principle. Tell them if the problem is not taken care of you will accompany your child to school to ensure his/her safety. That usually gets them moving. Have your child take a marshal arts class. This helps them with confidence and self control.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'd go straight to the principal and then the school board and then the media if nothing happens. That is terrible that a baby is being called racial names in school!
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• ITA; go to the teacher and the principal immediately; if no act ion is being taken then go to the Board of Education. That is unacceptable!
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 1:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Go to the teacher and principal. If they do nothing, I would go to the school board and then the state board of education. I would hire an attorney if I had to. That is unacceptable for any child to have to deal with. Visit the school and sit in on classes or recess and see what is going on. The more you have to show the teacher and principal the better. If you can pick out the child or children that are doing this the better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Hi everyone that has answered i have done everything but go to the media i dont want to sound racist but she is the few white kids at this school and thats the remarks she is getting fat whitey go find a new school it was a great school until the princapal retired
    sandi611

Answer by sandi611 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2009