My poor babies....How am I going to handle this?

All 3 of my kids are sick and so am I.

My son has brochitis and is on 3 different medicines.

My dd has a cold that is turning into bronchitis. And has 2 medicines.

My baby dd has a stomach virus and has to only eat pedialite for 24 hours then pedialite/formula for 24 hours then after that straight formula.

I have a cold and feel like crap. I just want to sleep.

I dont have anyone that can help. My SO is gone from 6am to 9pm. I just dont know how this is going to work.

And before someone gets a bug up their butt and says "then why are you on cafemom" The internet is the only way I can talk to my mom and I am talking to her so I am trying to waste time while I wait for her reply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do your best. It is hard to take care of a sick child, let alone 3. And it is more difficult to do when you feel ill as well, but Moms have been doing this for years. Let the house work lapse and concentrate on getting your children and you feeling better
    PhotographyM0m

Answer by PhotographyM0m at 11:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Kudos to you for having the sanity to make it this far! You got your kidos on meds and are working on a solution to get everyone feeling better! If you ask me you are doing exactly what you should be doing. If things start to get to hectic (keeping up with who gets what meds when) take a second and write it down on a piece of paper so its one less thing you have to make yourself remember.
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I hope you and your family feel better soon.
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 1:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Also, if someone hasn't mentioned it yet. Make a chart for each kid and track their illness/symptoms. I could send you one of my own to your email addy if you'd like. It helps me remember who took what when, how hydrated everyone is, temps, naps, etc...
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 1:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Been there and have had to do it several times. It sucks, it takes me longer to get over my illness, but we do what we must....

Here, when sick, everyone takes a nap. Even those who gave up their naps and those over the age of 40. (um..that would be me lol) It helps a little bit.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Keep a deck mop and disinfectant handy, you may need it. If you have carpet, spread some newspaper or old towels close by. Keep a trash can or two close by, they should have lids.

Have someone bring you freeze pops, wipes, jello, ginger and tea or broth whatever you may need. If no one is available or it can't wait, the local pharmacy and grocer can put care packages together for delivery. Card or cash, it beats trying to drive with sick kids.

Ginger works wonders for an upset stomach with no side effects. Jello and/or broth will keep you all alive and hydrated. If you're a regular coffee drinker, beware of caffeine withdrawals if you can't stomach it while sick. You'll have flu-like symptoms on top of flu symptoms.

Set a timer on your computer or cel phone to remind you when everyone's meds are due!

Good luck!

MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 1:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009