Is it possible to still be on your period and be pregnant?

CarsBars08

Asked by CarsBars08 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes...periods are VERY misleading
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes cause my best friends sister had her period through out her 4 months of pregnancy. and her dr. said some women have their periods through out their entire pregnancies.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My step daughter had her period more regularly during the first 6 months than ever before in her life... she didn't realize she was pregnant for a long time due to this... and I think a little wishful thinking (if I ignore it it will go away lol that didn't work!!) even with almost no prenatal care and some ill advised consumption of illegal substances (meth not pot) baby was/is more than fine.
    Anonymous

• Early pregnancy bleeding
    Bleeding in early pregnancy is a common occurrence, but this does not signal a true menstrual cycle, as pregnancy hormones prevent the ovary's release of an egg as well as the buildup and subsequent shedding of the uterine lining. If these episodes are intermittent, they can be perceived as periods, and the mother-to-be may not recognize that she is pregnant. In instances where a couple is unaware that they are expecting, it can be particularly emotionally challenging to find out about the pregnancy at the same time they are told that the bleeding might signal a problem.

http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,6004,00.html
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes i had mine until I was 6 months pregnant w/ my second child. I didn't even know I was pregnant until I felt him moving. It wasn't like a regular period, but mine never were, so I didn't think anything of it. And when I got pregnant I was still nursing my 1st baby. I didn't notice the weight gain b/c I only gained 20 pounds w/ him and I just had my 1st baby. They are only 12 months apart.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2009