Need help, first time mom.....

My son is 27 months old and he will get on the potty, go pee , whipe himself,put the lid down and flush the potty. Sometimes he will just tinkle and then once I put him in the bath he goes pee. Then theres other times where he will pee everything out on the potty so I think its just when he wants to go do something he will try and hurry. My husband and I just started rewarding him with m&ms after he goes potty so Im hopeing that this incourages him a little. I have never tried forcing him to potty train, one day about a month ago I asked him if he needed to go potty and he went over there and after I put him up on it he new what to do from there. Im just wondering if I should go ahead and put big boy underware on him and just ask him if he needs to go potty every other hour or every hour and then put a diaper on him over night. What do you other experianced moms think?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• PUT BIG BOY UNDIES OR NOTHING ON HIM, HELL UNDERSTAND THE WET BETTER THAT WAY, IF YOU LEAVE A DIAPER OR PULL UPS ON HIM HE MIGHT FEEL LIKE HE CAN GO IN THAT....HELL HAVE ACCIDENTS BUT....ITS THE BEST WAY TO GO
    Anonymous

• I think meybe it would be worth a sho, but be prepared for accidents. And have him try to go every hour AT LEAST! more often if he wants to try.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i'd say perferct idea. he sounds ready for the big boy undies!!
    crazybiotch

Answer by crazybiotch at 12:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Parenting doen't come with a book, unfortunately:) Sounds like you have the right idea. I wouldn't worry too much, one of mine didn't potty train til she 4 years old.
    Anonymous

• I think you're on the right track! Especially by letting him do it at his own pace...I think he's ready for the big boy undies during the day.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Definitely go to undies. We did this from the beginning... I think it really makes things go a lot quicker. You may have to deal with some accidents in the beginning, but he should get it quickly.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009