How to say handle to clueless or rude people?

I don't know if the type of people I'm speaking about are rude or clueless, but this is an every day occurance that is starting some office conversation.

A person came to me asking for an application for a job. Afterwards, the guy asked for my age and my personal life. I turned, mildly smiled and said "I'm sorry?". The guy responded saying,"It's just a question. I don't know why you so get offended." Then he turns and grunts, "What does it take to get a woman these days?!"

This is just an example. There are more than one of these clueless/rude types. (I don't know what rock they crawled from.) They seems a bit dangerous too.

How do you handle people who just don't get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just ignore him; he's an idiot. I had a guy come in one time, fill out an application and then call me at work two days later to ask me out. I didn't even remember the guy. He accused me of being racist, said that I should remember the saying about black men being bigger before I turn him down.

Guys like that are just stupid. Wasting your time to think of a way to handle them is giving them too much credit by thinking they could understand what you're saying.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You don't respond to such people. You just turn around and look right through them. Act like they aren't even there. The world is so full of ignorance these days. It really is scary. It's a very bad time when you fear pulling up to a stoplight with a carload of men besides you. I feel I have to always keep my doors locked and my windows rolled up.
    Anonymous

• The way I respond to rude people is usually just "excuse me???" then I bite my tongue. I dont like face to face confrontation. But when I get in my car is when I "tell them off" and wish I had the guts in the first place lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't deal with them they are a waste of time.
    Anonymous

• Some one asks for my age like that, I just say "old enough to know better to answer that question. And old enough to know how rude of a question that really is."
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• What a moron!
    I would have laughed at him and turned back to my work.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009