OMG, i couldn't believe the sales lady did this.

This weekend i was in a store that sales purses, wallets, hair accessories, everything that a woman would like. The store stayes packed. Of people digging through there huge bins or bags. Anyways i had my purchase, a wallet and a bag or hair clips. I was in line and one person was behind me and one person chekcing out in front of me. The sales lad finished the customer at the register and when i walked up, she walked away for a second and went two registers down adn got a sign that said register closed and put it up right in front of me and walked away. Said nothing to us. She just talked in chinese to the lady at the next register and walked away. Both me and the lady behind me just kind of looked at each other and snickered. We couldn't believe that really just happened. I mean talk about rude customer service. So we went and got in another line. I just couldn't believe it. Ever happened to you. No i did not know the lady.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Umm. Yeah everyday, got to the next line. It happens. Sometimes checkouts automatically lock you out when it is your time for break or to go home. Just move on...
    Anonymous

• Omg, I cant believe that I would have taken it harder than you though and probably not given the store my busines or talked to a manager or something.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i'd be frustrated if the line i had to move to had about 5 people already ahead of me.

otherwise that wasn't very good customer service. i agree.. that was quite rude.

but i'm a pretty patient person. i get over things quite quickly.
    Anonymous

• if that happened to me I would have found a manager! it's one thing to stick a sign on your face and walk away versus "I'm sorry ma'am I need to close this register for a moment, I'll take you right here..."
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• no that hasent happend to me yet but u never know. some people are rude there was 1 time years ago i was in line and this elder women in front of me waiting to put her stuff up. but she sees the line next to us moving so she takes her cart ( full ) and goes to the other line. ok so now im next putting stuff up and she comes back and rudely says i was here. i was shocked and she said it so rudly. i said yes you were but you moved over there. she says yes but that line isent go any faster. i was next. by this time i was done i said im sorry u moved but my stuff is on here and ready to be scanned. she yelled respect your elders. i said i do but i dont take attitude and that maybe if she approched me nicely i would have let her go but if your gonna be rude then sorry no go. she mumbled and walked away and the lady behind me said hunny dont stress you were right and she was rude. she was still in another line when i was leaving..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It has happened but I know as a person in retail once the register times you out for break you have to take one. I would have yelled out that I was closing when I knew I was close to my break. Anyone who did not pay attention to my warning would have to deal with it.
    Anonymous

• Well if that happened to me I would NOT move to another line, I would just dump what I had on the floor and walk out.

Anonymous

• I'm learning that many Chinese regard themselves as higher than western people. I have an ex-Chinese friend from Beijing. I cannot believe how awful he and his wife turned out to be. I asked a cop friend if he had noticed the same thing, that Chinese are fake friendly. He said yes, Koreans alike. He said just watch out how nasty they are when he gives them speeding tickets.
    Anonymous

• That was rude. Ive been in lines where the register is about to be closed and the cashier is atleast polite enough to stay "I'm closed :"when I got there, not wait in line and then just put up a sign. and then redirect me to another line.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No way! I would have immediately spoken to the store manager.
    That is rude and uncalled for, not to mention, against store policy.
    A customer should never, ever put up with any type of negative treatment from any retails sales associates or cashiers (unless they initiate a confrontation) and should immediately have it resolved by the store manager. Never walk away with the situation unresolved.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009