What would you do? (kinda long)

My ds (11) wants to go to the movies w/ a group of friends. He has gone to the movies w/ friends before. One of the boys mom's is taking him and bringing him home. I have no problem w/ that I know her and her son and we take each others kids places often. The thing I am feeling nervous about is that some other friends are going. One of the boys has a twin sister and she is going. She is also bring a friend. They are all in the 6th grade together and are all friends. No boyfriends or girlfriends. So it will be 4 boys and 2 girls. I know my son is not interested in either of these girls, b/c I know which ones he 'likes'. Not sure why I am so nervous. So would you let you ds go w/ a group that included girls?

Sorry so long.

4monkees

Asked by 4monkees at 1:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes, I would let them go... you have no reason to think he will act inappropriately.

That said, one person answered that 'its just the movies'.. I read on another post somewhere about a young teen getting pregnant - at the movies.

Once again, those wild ideas don't usually start til high school and even then, assuming your kid is otherwise good and respectful, I'd always let them go. It's part of life, and anyway, if they start getting wild ideas, there are 100s of places they can go.
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 2:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes. It's a movie theater, they are going to be perfectly fine. What do you think they are going to attack the boys or something? Do you not have daughters too? They will be just fine Mom.
    Anonymous

• yeah I see no problem with that. It's just a group of friends. You got to start somewhere, and at least he is with a group instead of just a girl. Even if these arent the type he is interested in to begin with.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That sounds like fun. I don't see an issue unless they are left there unsupervised.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Nope. Not without a chaperone...even if that chaperone was in the back of the theater.
    moneysaver6

Answer by moneysaver6 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009