Has anyone ever used honey in place of sugar in recipes?

I know honey is all natural and I"d rather use it instead of sugar, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever substituted honey in place of sugar in cake, cookies, or anything really?

mommy_of_isaiah

Asked by mommy_of_isaiah at 1:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My mom tried it and we didn't really like it in cakes and cookies, but it is phenomenal in corbread batter, add some frozen corn and it comes out super sweet and moist.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I haven't used it for cake or cookies, but I have a wheat bread recipe that calls for it instead of sugar and it's amazing!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I really don't think you can. I think it would give a different taste and texture.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have used honey, but recipes have to be adjusted to allow not just for the change in sweetness but for the change in liquid. You'd be best off looking for recipes that use honey instead of sugar.

I made a chocolate honey cake once and it was GREAT! Here's the site for the recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/Honey-Fudge-Cake-for-a-Crowd-247923
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Forgot to add, that makes 4 9 x 13 cakes, I just cut the recipe in half and made 2 cakes. I was planning to freeze one but they were gone before I had the chance.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009