How do I save money on my grocery bill?

bigmommaG

Asked by bigmommaG at 10:34 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• depend where you buy the food..
    try to buy the stuff on sale or on promotion and buy the frozen veggie sometimes. or go to different stores to get the grocery.
    when you are buying meat buy it when on sale and stock up in your freezer and it stay up to for 3 months
    or find a loc chinese super market they have cheaper grocery
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I am the person in front of you that you absolutely HATE because she has a stack of coupons.. but i tell you what- they save me so much money every week. Also- try and see where food is cheapest in your area.. it helps a lot too.
    shenae704

Answer by shenae704 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I just simply changed stores and I dropped $30+ out of my bill. I used to ONLY go to stop and shop but now I go to Hannafords and I spend around $100 a week. At stop and shop it was over $130 sometimes even $150. I also buy MOST of my meat in bulk from BJ's along with MANY other things. I split the cost of my membership with my mom so it's cheaper for me that way as well. GOOD LUCK!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 10:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I saw on the Today show to watch for the unit prices. It is located on the shelf and it will tell u what you are paying per unit on an item so you can always choose the best buy. Also try using store brands. I always buy things when they are on sale. Check the sale paper before you go, and make a list.
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• try online coupon.....like coupons.com, print.coupons.com,clipandgocoupons.com,grocerygame.com youhave to pay a small fee but this site really saves u alot. Good Luck!
    blackpanther75

Answer by blackpanther75 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I buy most of my groceries from Aldi and Save a Lot. The only name brand things we ever get are ketchup, toilet paper, ketchup and macaroni and cheese.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Shop the coupons that come in the mail every week. Draw up your recipe needs for meals before you go shopping, and try to integrate those coupons that you found in the papers. Buy cheap, but good quality. Instead of buying fresh fruit and veggies, opt for frozen. If you do buy fresh, don't let it go to waste. Don't buy more than what you need.
    momof9_slc

Answer by momof9_slc at 1:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Instead if going to major grocery stores, I got to Aldi or Save a Lot. You have to bag your own stuff, but I can get all my groceries for about $150/mo.

krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 2:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I work in a grocery store, so I can keep en eye on special deals, and clearance items. I also bulk shop at Aldi or Save a Lot. I get way more for my money. A cart FULL of groceries might cost me $100 at Aldis, but at my place of work or walmart its probably $50-75 more!
    Scraplin

Answer by Scraplin at 6:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If you go to www.grocerygame.com you can try out the site for $1 after 1 month, you get charged but you can cancel before that. I tried it out and I learned how to shop smarter. It teaches you to "stockpile" things that are on sale and use coupons with sale items. I saved a lot of money and although I canceled my membership, I still stick to what it taught me.
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 10:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2008