Does anyone get so confused about what to make for dinner every night? any suggestions? Thanks!

jete

Asked by jete at 1:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I make out a meal plan before I even go grocery shopping. That not only saves me money, but then I already have a meal planed for every night of the week.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have the same problem, and ive tried the meal plan before, but then when it comes to that night.. i dont want what i planned for i want the nights meal i planned 4 days later or whatever LOL.
    I think every mom has this delima!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have the same problem, and ive tried the meal plan before, but then when it comes to that night.. i dont want what i planned for i want the nights meal i planned 4 days later or whatever LOL. I think every mom has this delima!

this is me exactly. it is so frustrating. this and i forget to lay something out to thaw before leaving for work. grrr

jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 1:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• no i'm not confused...I just don't wanna cook! LOL If i had money I'd go out and eat...
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 2:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• http://food.yahoo.com/

I get a lot of ideas here check it out

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 3:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I buy enough meals for the week ,but make them in any order I want...I could never schedule eachday at the beginning of the week and stick to it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yeap, I tried the menu thing but I end up not being in the mood for whatever is planned and want something else. Tonight we are having biscuits and gravy and fried eggs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Log on to Rachal Ray.com she has great ideas
    Berna151

Answer by Berna151 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I plan for 7 meals, and shop once a week. The only time I plan what day I will make what meal is when there is food for the grill, my hubby likes to do the grilling, so those meals have to be on weekends. Otherwise, I just put the list of meals on my dry erase board on my fridge, and pick a meal the day I'm cooking. I also keep some extra easy meals on hand, for the days that I don't want anything on my list. I almost always have ravioli, stouffers frozen lasgna, and Tyson frozen fajita meals in my freezer, oh and a frozen pizza! That way no matter what I have SOMETHING I can make, and my hubby can easily make any of those frozen meals, if I'm not feeling well or have to take DD somewhere.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I make a meal plan three days out, that way when I get home from work I know what I am going to make I get right to it and that way there is no stress. It has made my life a whole lot easier and it saves us a lot on the grocery bill because you are not running to the store for this or that.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009