Why do my finger nails feel funny?

I try not to pay too much attention to it but I have noticed on my nail beds or in the area of the nail I have been feeling a tingly pin like feeling. Not like a straight pin but more like a poke of a pen cap very faint then it goes away. But it does happen everyday I just wouldn't know how to explain to the doctor with out sounded dumb. It is more on the cuticle area...Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• Is there any discoloration or drainage from the area? Do yyou have decreased sensation in your hand(s) in general. Are you a diabetic? If the answer to any of these is Yes. See your Dr immediately. If the answer is no to all of them I would make sure that no tight clothing on the arms, check that watches, rings and bracelets are not too tight. I f it doesn't stop then I would make an appointment and see your Dr. You don't sound stupid, just explain exactly like you posted it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009