If you and your dh were trying to loose some weight?

How far would you go?

Or what kind of an incentive would help you reach eachother's goal?

I thought of making a bet if I loose more than he does at such time I get to have $1000.00 to go shopping and for him I don't know yet. But I truly want to have something to motivate me. I am tired of feeling down in the dump all of the time. I feel like taking alittle nap every once in awhile or want to sleep in often just feeling plain lazy but I do do what I have to do around the house for the family but just don't feel like it. I know it has to be done, that is my obligation. I even thought of getting up at 5:00 in the morning to knock all my working out out of the way but I don't feel like getting up it is nice to think about doing it but I have to actually do it. AARRGG!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• We ordered a Bowflex. Hubby wants to gain 40 pounds, I wanna loose 30. Just having the machine in the house is all the motivation I am going to need.
    Anonymous

• go on the biggest looser!!!!
    Anonymous

• Make sure the goals are realistic because men loose weight at a different rate than women. they loose it faster usually. It is a good idea to set goals and reward yourself and competition is good too but just don't make it pound for pound or you will set yourself up for disappointment and frustration.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My hubby and I did somehting similar after we got married and each gained 20 + pounds. We didn't have a contest we just both agreed that once we lost the weight that I could take $1000.00 out of savings for new clothes and that he could get his diving liscens for spear fishing. 4 months later we both were evry happy. :-)
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• forgot to mention, the websites fitday.com or thedailyplate.com can help you watch your calorie intake. Take your ideal body weight and x 10, don't eat more than that and the pounds should fall off.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My husband I have both lost weight recently. He did lose a lot faster than me. So I don't think a bet to see who could lose faster would be a good idea. It might be better for each of you to set a goal and than a reward for yourselves. It's easier to stay motivated if you do it together. There's a great group on here that is very supportive and can help keep you motivated! PM me if you'd like or check out the group Gettin' It Off & Keepin' It Off! Good luck!!

Stefani74

Answer by Stefani74 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Try using a percentage system. Reward yourself after small weight loss goals of say 5 pounds. New nail polish, new costume jewlery, bath products, flowers. Good luck to you both.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009