Has anyone?

I was talking to my DD this morning in her high chair and she signed mommy. I was so excited. Her dad said that I was reading to much into it, but she keeps repeating the sign. Would this indicate mommy if she keeps repeating the same sign over and over? Just curious.

coala

Asked by coala at 2:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is old enough to sit in a high chair, so, she is old enough to learn to sign. And congrats and thank you for teaching her. She will thank you later.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• YES!! I am working with my son to do the signs. He gets very excited when i sign bath or mommy, but no signing from him yet.

CONGRATS!
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 2:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• oh my gosh. that's wonderful...my DD just started sitting in her highchair for meals so I am going to start teaching her sign. good for you!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sounds like it! We didn't start teaching signs till around 10 months and my daughter was so verbal the words (or some version of the words) always preceded (or came at the same time as) the signs. So I never got to experience this! Sounds fun!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009