What are good healthy foods to help "gain" weight?

I have always struggled with being underweight for my height. The doctors don't seem to be to concern. I would like to gain a few pounds to make me feel better. I have been having ice cream at night..but what else can I have that isn't fast food or greasy that will help me put on a few extra pounds? Please no harsh words!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Pasta and bread.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• High protein, high carb (whole grain carbs), and a weight gain supplement that you can buy at a nutrition or health food store can help you put on weight safely and healthfully. Good luck!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i drink ensure... you can google it if you dont know what it is... theres different flavors.. but if u buy it you have to get the one that says for weight gain
    jenny2150

Answer by jenny2150 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• a ton of peanut butter and jelly
    Anonymous

• avocados(lot's of the good fat), nuts, corn, oatmeal, fruits, cheese, high fiber
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am the same way! I finally gained 5 pounds and am thrilled about it! But it took me months and months, I slept a ton and always ate before going to sleep. But everyone else is right up your carbs and dont stuff your face just eat more often.
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 2:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If you find something that works, let me know! LOL Ensure and that weight gain stuff from the health store taste SO nasty!!! I have tried just about everything and cannot gain weight. I'm 5'4" and the only time I am over 101 pounds is when I'm pregnant!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Ensure-- a vitamin drink that is really good ice cold. They taste like a shake when ice cold, make sure you shake well. Lots of carbs, make your own shakes every night. Pasta, bread. I really don't have that problem anymore, I did until I was about 23 and now I would love to have that problem again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• bananas and avacodes have alot of calories for their size. Yes any carbs and nuts too.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• oatmeal made with half & half or heavey cream
    Berna151

Answer by Berna151 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2009