is it possible to get addicted to vicodin if its only 2 or 3 a week?

Ever since december when I had my son I have been
taking vicodin usually 2 a week, maybe 3 tops. Its only ever
one per day.
My back still bothers me and I get bad headaches I also
find it helps lift my mood and makes me want to get more done.

Lately when I want to get the 20 filled a month the doctor tells me no but then ends up saying yes.
I really dont think its a big amount but is it possible to get hooked on them this way? They really help but I dont want to become addicted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• I took it every day for three weeks after a surgery and didn't get hooked. If you really need it and doc gave it to you It's probably fine. If you feel like you don't feel okay unless it's in your system, you may be getting dependent.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• it sounds like your getting a mental addiction on them...you really seem to like them alot from your post. idk though it doesnt seem enough now if it was 2 to 3 a day everyday, i may be concerned, but then pills and addiction in general affect people in many different ways. good luck.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• anything is possible, your still taking them, and basiclly said you had to ask for them. are you worried about withdrawals? any withdrawal from opiates dont last more then 4 days, and if you havent been taking more then a prescribed amount, like you said. you wont feel anything, except mabey a little tired. I come a long line of people in AA and NA or in need of such a plan. and from my experience, if your questioning yourself, your doing it for a reason. pain medication doesnt really do anything for back pain. Ive actually had back surgery, so I can honetly tell you, it doesnt help. it just makes your mind go away from it and helps relax you. I think motrin if anything helps more. why not try not to take any this week, and see how much you think about them... that will be a good sign of your "need". plus its only a matter of time until your body gets a resistance and you need more if you dont already. good luck

Anonymous