Sorry, I'll word this better? Pregnant nine year old...

freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/851888/posts What are your thoughts on this? It really bugs me and I just don't know what to think? This poor little girl! If your child was pregnant by her father what would you do? Not to mention, there were so many other posts about other children getting pregnant at 10 and twelve!! It's unbelievable. It makes me sad.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is disgusting. Is the girl going to carry the baby or have an abortion? I really feel for her and the unborn child in her. The mom who obviously was not paying attention and the father can rot in hell.
    Anonymous

• There was a girl in my middle school that got pregnant as a result of rape by this homeless man in town. The police found him laughing about 4 feet from where they found her naked and unconscious. She carried to term, had a csection, and put her child up for adoption. Everyone was so proud of her. She has since had a mental collapse and is in an institution. She would constantly get asked about it by other people, and I think that contributed to her breakdown. She was 11 or 12 at the time. If my husband raped my daughter, he would die! And I think in that case, I would take my daughter to a clinic. I mean, rape, incest, that child didn't do anything wrong. She shouldn't have a lifetime reminder of how her father betrayed her.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• There was only one bus that took us to all the different schools growing up....one of the girls I rode with was 12 years old with a baby. She was raped by a 43 year old man. Her mom made her keep the baby and they raised it together. It was soooo wierd, she seemed like she was the child's sister not the mother. She went to this school for teen moms and she wasn't even a teen yet.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I honestly, would probably kill my husband(in reguards to your ? about the father being the father/g.pa). but I never have to worry about that..he would never touch our daughter like that. it is really sad that there are sooo many children getting pregnant by family members.. the youngest on record is a 5 YO little girl who delivered by c/s... it's sad and sick world we live in...
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 2:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My daughter would be having a baby unless their was a medical reason why she could not carry to term. at 9 years old they are old enough to understand that their is a living human growing inside them. And even though it would not be my daughters fault it is not the baby's fault either. If it was my husband I can guarantee you he would be dead. We would all attend counseling and decided together if the baby should be put up for adoption or if I would raise the baby. I am very strong in my faith and my reasons against abortion. Two wrongs do not make a right.

lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• He'd be hanging from the nearest smoke shed ona meat hook.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would not have her carry the baby, think of the physical strain on a body that small. And it would probably stunt her growth as well because the nutrients she needs to grow her own body are going to the child instead.

Also, I do not think that the child should be born because inbreeding causes physical and particularly mental problems. Why would you want to bring a person into the world with that stigma attached to them anyway?? Someday, Somehow, someone's gonna find out about it. Imagine having to live with that knowledge??
    Anonymous

• I would never make a nine year old go through pregnancy and child birth, that is much more traumatic than just terminating the pregnancy. Seriously think people.

abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Okay, so not to be mean or anything...lovemybabys, honest question here, you say two wrongs don't make a right but you say your husband would be dead if this happened and at the same time would allow your nine year old to go through labor or contractions, those kind of things are hard enough for a grown woman let alone a nine year old.....killing the dad? Isn't he a living human. It's like deciding who gets to live in this situation and who gets to die. I'm not biased, I'm not pro life, but I'm not exactly pro choice either. I have a lot of mixed feelings on this particular subject.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• This happened in Brazil. The doctors at the clinic discovered she was 4 months pregnant when she complained of stomach pain and her mother took her to the doctor. She weighed 80 pounds and was pregnant with twins. The doctors said her body was so small and undeveloped she wouldn't even be able to carry one baby to term and live, much less two. She would die and her babies with her. Her father was the father of her babies and he is in jail. He had been molesting her since the age of six, and her older , handicapped sister too. HE is not excommunicated, just the pregnant child, her mother, the doctor, everybody who works at the clinic, and the feminist groups who supported the abortion. I thought the Catholic Church approved abortion in cases of rape (which this was), incest (which this also was), or if the mother's life was at risk, (which it was). This is a terrible thing and I can't understand the priest's decision at all.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009