Does a sahm have the right to complain

about her husband not helping around the house or being involved with the kids? Or is that her job because he brings home the money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Wtf kind of question is this? Better grab my popcorn. Let me start the ball rolling...

Every family is different. If she needs him to help out around the house, he should help. It's his house and they are his kids too.
    Anonymous

• Ofcourse she has the right...Just because she is home does not mean she is the one to do all the work.
    Family is a team....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• There his kids too, if you were the working one, he would exspect you to help!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• no, that's her job so honestly he does his she does hers, but he should be involved in his children's life of course!
    Anonymous

• I complain right or not, its his home too and his children lol
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• LMAO @ "her job"

That mindset might work for some hosueholds -- more power to 'em!

NOT in this one, however.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Absolutely. There was a study done asking women what makes a good father/husband. Lower income women responded as long as they bring in money for a roof over our heads that would make a good father/husband. But we know that to make a good father you need to do much more than that. Spending quality time with your kids, playing, discipline, support, help with hw etc. is what really makes a great dad/husband.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 2:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think if she should do all she is able w/o his help, but I have found that being a 24/7 housewife, & mom is really difficult! I have 3 kids and it is hard to do it all. I have like 25 loads of laundry a week if not more, TONS of dishes everyday, Plus horses to feed, fencing to do, on & on. And yes I do need help. It gets really overwhelming if I don't sometimes. But to be honest I hardly ever ask for help. That is just me though. I should at times I know, and yes at times I complain about my job. hey my dh complains about his too sometimes. So if you need & want help ask for it, you deserve it. My dh tried staying home for a week while I was working (laid off) & he couldn't handle it. he tells me every so often too. That is really nice to hear. But each family is dif. Just like stated above.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Umm I do but about him not taking the trash up or mowing the lawn. 2 things that I cannot do. I ask for nothing else from him but to do things witht the kids.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• For me and for my marriage I felt that the housework and child care were my job and going out to work plus the car upkeep and mowing (since I'm allergic) were his. I figured that he worked hard for 8-10 hours a day and so I should work hard at my job. If I had it to do again, I would have arranged that he take over night duty sometimes, because I was exhausted. But I felt that he was the one who had to get up and go to work and that is was my duty to make home life as happy and easy on him as possible. I thought it was my duty and to my advantage to make home the place he most wanted to be by keeping it clean, fixing food that he liked, doing his laundry and mending, and bothering him as little as possible about household tasks.

Answer by Bmat at 2:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009