Who would take care of the kids if something happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• hubby? family? what do you mean?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My parents unless I change my will as they get older and I would pick my brother and his wife. Always good to have a will.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My husband and I talked about this not to long agao...and jhonestly the only people I trust to take care of them would be my mom, and he agrees, I really have no idea what would happen if she werent able to.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• His parents. Mine if they can work out some issues. If either set of parents isn't able to, then my middle sister. She has no kids of her own, so she wouldn't be stretched too thin. My sister in law has two kids that are very close to my daughters age, so that would be three kids the same age. And my oldest sister lives so far away that my kids don't really know her.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• if something happened to me then my husband would take care of our son. if something happened to both of us, we have left him to my aunt.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• MY HUSBAND WILL IF SOMETHING WERE TO HAPPEN JUST TO ME. IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO BOTH OF US IT WOULD BE MY SIS. THAT FOLLOWS ME AND HER HUSBAND. THEY ALREADY CONSIDER HER THEIR SECOND MOM.
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My parents.... they would do a lot of things that I would but they will be able to physically, financially, and emotionally be able to care for our children. My husband's biological father was barely around growing up and from what I've heard about him, he was a lousy father when he was around. His mom and step father are not financially stable enough to raise more children. Although both of my BILs love Michael without a doubt, they are both still too young to have the responsibility of children of their own, let alone someone else kids. One of my sisters is in a bad marriage and I do not trust her husband at all. He's been violent, has drug and alcohol issues, and is very irresponsible financially. I would leave him with her, but unfortunately she has her husband. My two other sisters are 17 and 18, so they are out of the question (even tho if you ask them, they raised my son the first year of his life. LoL.)
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Hubby. If something happened to us both Amy, Becka's god mother, is someone I trust to raise my children the way I do. His mom would help too. I couldn't allow my parents to..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Hubby. But if something happened to both of us it's in our Will that my parents would get them. They are still in good health and active, but are 55 and 62. If we start to feel like they would no longer be able to handle kids I'm not sure. I love my sis, but she and her hubby live in the middle of nowhere in northern MN and have 3 (soon 4) kids of their own... but I think they would be willing. However, I think my kids would hate living there-- each grade in their public school only has about 2-3 kids and it's so cold most of the year : / IDK, we should come up with someone, but I just don't know who!

My in-laws are the GREATEST, love my kids to death and are the relatives they are closest to (geographically and emotionally) :-), but at 84 and 87 they are obviously out of the running lol.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 3:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• DH if something happened to both of us it would either be my dad and step mom or my BIL and his wife.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2009