how much should my 3 month old eat

My son is 3 months old and is eating 5oz bottles every 2.5 to 3 hours. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds normal to me. My baby is on the breast and would nurse more frequently than that (still does) but I'm sure I never had a full 5 oz to give her at a time!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Don't get to caught up in the amount your baby is eating, your baby will let you know if he's hungry. When you give him a bottle don't try to force him to drink it all just let him eat till he's full if he wants more than give him more, at that age babies to not over eat. If he is healthy and growing properly you have nothing to worry about. Just like you your baby will have days where he wants to eat more than others, and days where he's just not that hungry.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• As long as your baby is growing, don't worry too much about the ozs. Babies and children are smarter than we give them credit for when it comes to know if they are hungry or not. I have seen articles that say bottle fed babies sometimes will get fed more than they need because we adults think that if there is still formula in the bottle, they need to finish it all off. Whereas with Breastfeeding babies pull away when they are full and we don't force them to take more.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009