Make me over!

What would you do to make me over? I'm tired of having the frumpy SAHM look - I need a makeover!! I am in the process of losing weight, so I know THAT part - I'm looking for makeup, hair, jewlrey, clothes, etc. What would YOU do to me?
Photobucket

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hair cut. Just up to the shoulders, wispy layers that lay around your face and neck ( not a tight cut) loose and flowing.
    Hair color - slightly darker than your natural color with soft highlights around your face - not chunky bleached ones.
    Thin those eyebrows. You have a great arch, but they need grooming.
    No heavy makeup..... remember that. Natural coloring is best. Use a lightener around your eyes to make them pop. And please remember to match your lip products to your natural tone (if you're a pink, wear pink.... but not fake colors..... remember natural highlight with all colors.
    Wear clothing that compliments your skin tone, (you look like a warm) and open up the décolleté - don't pile your hair in a bundle under your chin... it draws attention to what you're trying to cover up. Use tasteful and not too clunky necklaces instead (not dainty either)

That help any? You're a cutie. Dress it up a little
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• your back ok please share your weight loss advice.......lol

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 3:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• http://www.myhaircuts.com/long-haircuts.shtml

try here they have so many styles to choose from....

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 3:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Weight loss - watching calories and exercise. It's the only thing that has worked for me, LOL. I work out 3 times a week and eat less than 2000 calories a day. I also eat lots of fruit and veggies, and drink lots of water.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• if I were you I would dye my hair like a really deep auburn red. That would look amazing on you! Pair it with some neutral eye stuff and coral lipgloss.. perfect!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think auburn would be a good choice, too. Or if you're afraid to go red, stay blond and get some lowlights. I think a longer bob would look nice with sideswept bangs. makeup can be quick and easy and still look good. Foundation, powder, blush.... I sweep blush over my eyelids and use a good mascara. Its quick and easy and still looks polished. Don't forget lipstick or a tinted gloss. Another trick I read not long ago, and love, is once you're finished, put a little moisturizer on your cheeks to get a "dewy" look.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would do shorter straightened hair (buy a straightening iron) and go darker on both your hair and brows. It will make you look so much younger to have your hair dramatically layered and an almost black brown! It would look so great on you!!!! These are three of my favorite options:

http://www.hji.co.uk/hjimages/images/qhs2079/hji/medium/2002-layered-brunette.jpg
    http://yourhaircut.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/scannedimage-191-253x300.jpg
    http://www.beautystylewatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/layered-medium.jpg
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• fix your teeth, lose weight..
    Anonymous

• "Fix your teeth, lose weight"

Um. Duh.
    Didn't you read the post to begin with?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• ohhh!!! While I was on bedrest and at home recovering from giving birth, I found this show called 10 years younger... They did a makeover on a SAHM one day. It may not be feasible, but maybe you could check them out and see if they are looking for subjects! Other than that, what if you took a day to yourself! Go to a spa and get a pedicure (that always gets me out of a frumpy mood). Get a facial and see if they have a cosmetologist on staff that could give you some personalized make up advice and how to apply it for going out with the hubby and also for just a day around the house or running errands that's not as involved. You could also make an appointment with a hairstylist and tell them you want a great color for you and a style that is easy to manage, but with a great shape. If you are losing weight, you could do one thing or all of it at a milestone that you have set for yourself. I don't know if that helps, but good luck
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 3:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009