Post Partum Hair Loss

How long did your post partum hair loss last?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just asked this question lol. But my hair is just now starting to fall off and my daughter is4 months already. It's been going on for about 2 weeks or so not sure.
    Anonymous

• Hmm... I still get a good amount every shower at 6 months, but maybe that's just the normal daily hairloss, I can't remember what it was like before pregnancy. There's no need to worry, though. The reason most women lose a lot of hair in the postpartum period is because they lost NONE during the pregnancy, so it's the hair you would have lost then -- just all at once.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I had issues with my hair for nearly a year after having my daughter...The actual hair loss lasted about 4-5 months for me.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 3:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Mine came and went for a few months, I dont really remember how many months but I know it peaked at about 2 months and gradually got better from there.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• uhhhh! until 2 years ago & my child is 7, it came & went thoguh. My hair was full & curly....now it's flat & not curly anymore. I had to get a perm to make it look like how it did before....everyone says it will come back, but so far i've had no luck.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I actually had bald spots and it has started coming back and she is 6 months. According to my doc its normal and shoul. Start growing back at the 6 month mark.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I got this really really bad and thought all my hair was going to fall out. My doctor told me to get Nioxin vitamins and my hair STOPPED falling out and also made my hair look amazing! i found them really cheap on www.beautypie.com... For a 90 day supply it was like 30 bucks.. so not bad.. in the store they are like 45 for a 90 day supply.. its totalllllllyyy worth it! my nails and skin look amazing now too
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009