How to get back to being a good chritstian woman? How to get back on the path?

I was married for 8 years and was blessed with 4 wonderful children. My husband went to church with me. We prayed and I lived a christian life. In 1999 I believe my marriage and my husband were under attack. He left the military got a job with raytheon in Virginia. He then started to work all the time ( thats where I thought he was anyways. He was to busy to attend church. He was distant. He stoped paying bills. Then he left. I was over a thousand miles away from my family and home so I had to go back. I prayed and prayed for my marriage. Turn out he moved back to his home state to be with a girl he knew in highschool. It was so hard for me to go to church after that. I guess I was mad at God. I remarried. I would say my husband now is christian but dosent attend church. I dont know if I could be a true christian not the way I would like to be with him. He has already broke my heart talking to other women on the net.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• 1) Pray, pray, pray, pray, PRAY!! God ALWAYS hears you - allow his loving arms to wrap around you in comfort.

2) Read your bible - You can either go by a schedule like some people do, or you can just open it and let God guide you to where He wants you to read (this is my preferred method).

3) Surround yourself with positive, loving people.

Try this article:

http://www.bible.com/bibleanswers_result.php?id=150

It may help bring you insight.

Remember also, attending church doesn't make you a Christian - I have a very strong relationship with Christ and I rarely attend services.

On the relationship note - talk to your husband about what has hurt you with him talking to other women on the internet. Tell him how it makes you feel - gently.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Honey I'm so glad I found you! I would recommend reading, "THE SHACK". Just finished it and loved it. I think this book will help you with some of you questions and feelings and get a wonderful story out of it.
    ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 3:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Pray and read your Bible. Go to church and be with people that love the Lord. But remember, YOU need a personal realtionship with God. Talk to your husband. I think a marriage gets in trouble when you don't talk and when you don't spend time together. A ny relationship takes time and energy- work on yours. I will pray for you,
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 3:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The Shack is an excellent book !
    You have to understand that good christian is not what God looks for , what He looks for is a heart after Him. A heart that is so in love with Him and desires to worship Him. He is looking for a relationship with you, a deep friendship, communion and covenant with you.
    No one is ever good except the Son of God and God Himself.

I encourage you to read the book of John especially John 14 and 15, it is all about relationship with Father God!
    Bless you!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Frankly, I think you need to realize that you're not at fault. Where did YOU stop being a good Christian woman?
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 5:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Get a relationship with God and strengthen it everyday. Hope this helps.

Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The enemy discourages you and distances you from the Lord. Get back connected with mature believers as a couple. You will be back to were you long to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Let God restore all the years the locust has eaten receive healing from your disappoints and past trials. Gods voice stills you and draws you to Him!!!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2009