6 year old and a new sibling.....need help

ive got a 6 year old boy in kindergarten, and he has always done really good in school. His school has a green light, yellow light, red light behavior chart system to let parents know how their kids are behaving in school. I had a little girl on march 2nd and since then my son, who alway came home with a green light, has gotten 2 red lights ( bad behavior). How do i deal with this? Anyone gone thru this?

cobysmom151

Asked by cobysmom151 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• im sure it will pass hes having a hard time adjusting it sounds like.
    I suggest taking him some where by himself with you that he enjoys and have a talk with him. Find out why hes making bad choices now? Im sure hes just feeling alittle left out. He may just need some mommy and daddy time alone.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with the above poster but don't be quick to assume that it's the "new baby blues" that your son is going through. It may be and may not. It's important to remember that children are like adults in some days are good and some are bad and they don't always want to play by the rules. Just make sure you can spend some alone time with him every day. My son is 5 and I just had another boy feb 4th so I'm right there with you.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have a 6 year old stepson that lives with us and am due with my first in a few weeks. My stepson already has a hard time behaving at school so I'm so nervous about how he'll react to his little sister being born! Luckily she'll be born right at the end of school so he'll have all summer to adjust! :) Good luck to everyone else in this boat!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009