what should i do??

my df broke up with me just saying we need to take a break for a few weeks to find ourselves and fix oursleves...so wut exacly does that mean? i hav no idea wut to do. im really upset and it seems lik he didnt take our dd or my feelings into consideration...does anyone know wut this means exaclty? no bashing please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• It means that he feels that the relationship may be a mistake and that he thinks that some time apart will either prove him right or prove him wrong. You would be wise to be planning what you are going to do if the relationship is over.

Answer by Bmat at 3:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I will not bash you and I don't want to hurt your feelings either but the last time I heard someone say that to me, it was because he found another interesting individual and didn't want to cheat on me. He later told me that while trying to get back together, I didn't. On the other hand, if the two of you are constantly fighting, then maybe he truly can't take it anymore and needs some down time.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• futhermore, cause I didn't make my point, lol; Give the man his space, nobody likes a psycho-ex girlfriend. It's a big turn-off. I've never heard any guy saying " yeah, I think I'll give my psycho ex a call. You probably didn't do anything wrong, maybe he's just being a guy. So try spending time alone "finding yourself too".
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• it means what he says. It's just a break to think things out. I think perhaps he IS taking your feelings into consideration which is why he's doing this gently. It's not like he's gone. He's just regrouping to make things better. Read that book about Men being from Mars and Women being from Venus. Men need time alone to think. They go into their "man cave". If he is with you then maybe he thinks he can't think quietly without interruption. IDK. All I know is that it's not always a bad thing. Think good thoughts.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2009