Mirena Thinking of having it taken out

Hi im thinking of getting my mirena out or well i guess im pretty much decided im just really nervous is it gonna hurt? that thought of getting it out is very scary or did it hurt more getting it in? i had it checked last week and everythings fine but i dont lie it my back has been hurting iv been getting alot of cramps the only good thing is i stoped getting my period last month but i cant stand having pain almost all month and i dont even know if the mirena is causing my problems or other stomach problems but anyways is it gonna hurt im really scared especially here were im living it reminds me of old horror movies.(the doctor office)

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 3:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• I had the same problem and I took mine out myself. There were a couple girls on here that did. It did not hurt at all
    Anonymous

• that is so scary i cant even imagine that im living somewhere other than usa and all the girls here who have the mirena get put right after baby comes out so they all have gotten pregnant or it has fell out but i dont know why in my mind i feel like it was tied in there or hooked on and i feel that to take it out iot would hurt to "untie or unhook" it i dunno its just a scary thought.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 3:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It doesn't tie to anything....the strings hanging down, when you pull them it collapses the T. It literally slides right out. There's nothing to untie or unhook...it just sits in there. Let me find the post for you.l
    Anonymous

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/154843/Have_you_ever_taken_your_IUD_IUC_out_yourself
    Anonymous

• I sneezed and my Mirena fell out. It was worthless and caused more trouble than it was worth. In the 6 months I had it in, I had 9 periods. It SUCKED.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 4:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i just took mine out. but my strings was hanging out so i just pulled them and it came right out. that is crazy....
    Anonymous