Am i forgiven?

I've been asking God to fogive me. I had an abortion. I've been crying to myself, asking him. I see a counsleor. Will he forgive me. I know now it was a mistake, but it is to late. Will he forgive me? Someone asked a queston and I asked about this and now the question is gone. I feel so sad, regret, and why did I think this was best? I thought I looked at the pros the cons, and what was best, so why am I now sure this was wrong? Will God accept me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you belong to a church? I am sure they can give you answers.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 3:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Here's the thing -

If you ask, you are forgiven. Jesus died on that cross so that YOU could be forgiven for your sin. You obviously are repentant - that's all He asks of you.

The bigger question is not does He forgive you - of course He does! We have a loving, forgiving God! I think now the question is do YOU forgive yourself? You won't be able to get past this if you don't.

God bless you, honey.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If you've asked Him to forgive you...then you are forgiven. God loves you and accepts you. His Son went to the cross for you. Allow God to heal the pain you're feeling. He will. I will also be praying for you.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No, I don't belong to a church and I think they would not want me. Thank you though for the answers. I don't forgive myself at all, and I'm working on it. I made a rash choice out of fear and not being in control, as this was not exactly planned. I thought I could fix it and make things right financially not burden our family of 5. I thought it would just add to the stress of life, why I didn't see the right choice until now, I don't know. I've always been a fixer, but I sure messed up. I looked ahead and thought I was secure in my choice. Weeks later, I'm not. I'm afraid to tell my husband how I feel so I just act like I'm fine, but I'm so sad.

Anonymous

• Try to find a post-abortion Christian counselor. They can help you work through this.
    Anonymous

• You need to forgive yourself, now. This might help
    . http://www.hopeafterabortion.com/rachel/

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• What makes you think a church would not want you? Of course they would. Church is not for perfect people, no one any where is perfect. Seek out a counsilor and even seek out a church. I am not Christian .But you are in a lot of pain right now and you need to seek the loving arms of people that have your beliefs. Let these ladies give you support and comfort.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Do you live in GA? I have an awesome counselor at my church who has gone through this and could help you out tremendously. Or I could give you her number and you could call her.

As for your question, when you ask God for forgiveness, He forgives. Like someone said before me, forgiving yourself is harder. Trust me, I know. I have done some things in my past that I struggle with on a daily basis. I know God has forgiven me, but letting it go and forgiving myself is just hard. Keep praying, and holding onto Him.

PM me if you want to talk to get my friend's number or just want a friend.

asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 4:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I do see someone. She is working with me on taking this action away from how I feel about myself as a whole. I'm ok, just sad. I've been wanting to ask this her for some time, but I was so afriad of how I'd be answered. You have made me less fearful. I really mean that, thank you.
    Anonymous

• dear god, Please bless this woman not feel shame or guilt, help her heart heal and help her understand that you are a forever forgiving god who will work miracles in our lives! i pray that your love showers down on her! help her know that she was forgiven long before she asked for it! you know what is in our hearts and you love us the same! i pray that her life be lifted high, and her world be lifted high, and her love be lifted high! in Jesus name i pray amen

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009