Will there ever be friends like grade school?

I remember how it was to be a kid and I miss having close friends like when I was in grade school! When your an adult and a mom and a wife and playing all these many faces is there time to have friends? I had a few people that are friendly but noone who I confide in completely. Is this realistic to think I could have great friend again? I would love to have a friend that is also a mom who has a moms life to share everything dayz with. I'm lonely lol Trusting people is hard and I only let good healthy people around my kids. Or should I just except that there is no such thing as a good friend when I have such a buisy life style?

sholie

Asked by sholie at 3:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am pretty blessed to have that kind of relationship with my mother. We are best friends and talk all the time. But I also have a very close friend that I grew up with. We lived across the street from each other growing up and we have known each other since second grade. She doesn't have children but we do still talk regularly. I have known her most of my life so we are able to talk about anything and everything. My closest friends aren't married and do not have friends but I have known them for years and years. I don't think it's unrealistic to want that or think it can happen. It will happen for you but good friends are hard to come by. I am good friends with my husband's best friend's wife. They have 2 children around my son's age and we are a close group. She really understands and it helps because she knows my husband and the way our life works. Be patient, you will have it again.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I know what you mean. I dont think it will ever be like grade school again, and it will most likely be challenging to find a mom who agrees with your 'style' of parenting to be good friends with. I wouldnt even know where to start.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 3:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• As a matter of fact, I have been friends with an elementary school friend for over 25 years. We are as close as sisters. We are probably closer than some sisters that I know. We can tell each other anything and have been through a lot together. I know she will be there for me no matter what and I will do the same for her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009